The broad range of national experience held by HBM4EU partners will contribute a diversity of skills and solid expertise to training and capacity activities. We will generate added value in terms of increased scientific excellence, through an exchange of expertise, including training to promote the use of common methods and protocols. In this way, the HBM4EU will promote the adoption of best practice in HBM activities across Europe.
The HBM4EU training programme will include both basic courses, targeted courses, workshops, and train-the-trainer sessions, as well as capacity building for PhD students. The programme is being developed on the basis of a survey of needs of HBM4EU partners, matched against available training capacities. The 2018 training programme will be made available in November 2017, and is intended to serve the HBM4EU partners. Certain events may be made open to external participants, on the basis of availability.
1st HBM4EU Training School is now open for applications
The 1st HBM4EU Training School will be held on 18 – 22 June 2018 in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Please find the programme here. The application deadline is June 1st 2018.
This training activity is open to interested applicants affiliated with HBM4EU partners and HBM4EU linked third parties (LTPs). They can follow the training activities for free. You are welcome to combine two-day basic training course (B01) with a choice from one-day advanced courses (A01-A05). It is also possible to apply for one or more advanced courses without following the basic training.
Applicants will be registered, based on:
- their active role in a HBM4EU work package (to be specified on the form and to be confirmed by the LTP representative, upon request);
- applications will be considered until the registration period expires on June 1st;
- in case one or more courses are overbooked, the motivation you provide on the registration form will be used to decide if you can be accepted as participant for the particular course(s) of your interest;
- if more than one applicant from the same institute apply it is possible that the provided motivation will also be used for decisions regarding acceptance of registrations;
- applicants who are not accepted for a course that is overbooked will be automatically put on a waiting list and if a place falls free you will be immediately notified.
Please remember that all participants should support their own travel and accommodation.
If there are excess places when the application deadline is expired and there are no applicants on the waiting list, open places will be allocated to applicants external to HBM4EU for a fee of € 500.— for the two-day basic training and € 250.— for each of the one-day advance training days, including catering during the training.
Please complete the form below to submit your registration. You will receive a response to your application as soon as possible after the registration deadline is expired on June 1st.
Questions that you may have can be sent to email@example.com
HBM4EU webinar on ethics
A webinar on ethics requirements under HBM4EU was held on 12 June 2017. The webinar was recorded and is available for viewing here.
External Training Opportunities
International course in Occupational Toxicology
An international course in Occupational Toxicology is foreseen for 2018.
The course will be held:
- in Nijmegen, the Netherlands from 28 May to 1 June 2018; and
- in Dortmund and Bochum, Germany from 4 to 8 June 2018.
A flyer outlines the preliminary programme.
More information can be found at www.toxcourses.nl
It is possible to register for one or two weeks, at a fee of 1,500 EURO per week. PhD-students can participate at a reduced fee of 550 EURO per week.
Online course on Adverse Outcome Pathways (AOPs)
An Online course has been developed to promote knowledge of and participation in the AOP process, including submissions to the AOP Wiki.
The course was designed and developed by etioLogic, LLC for the Human Toxicology Project Consortium (humantoxicologyproject.org) and is freely available to any and every one. The course can be downloaded as zip files from https://humantoxicologyproject.org/about-pathways-2/aop-online-course/ or run directly online by clicking on the links below.
For questions or suggestions regarding the course, please contact the course sponsor via the e-mail address available at: