HBM4EU Internal Webpages – Specific Privacy Statement
The personal data you provide for the purpose of accessing the HBM4EU Internal Webpages, is processed in accordance with regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data.
The HBM4EU Internal Webpages and the associated processing operations are under the responsibility of the EEA HBM4EU Team, acting as data Controller, regarding the collection and processing of personal data.
1. Purpose(s) of the processing
Your personal data is collected and further processed only for the purposes of coordinating, managing the HBM4EU project and organizing the related events; this includes in particular:
– Making the necessary contact information (Names, email addresses, phone numbers, roles, titles and organizations) accessible to the HBM4EU consortium (internal users who have access rights to HBM4EU Internal Webpages as they are associated with HBM4EU and work on HBM4EU)
– Informing you with regard to important HBM4EU announcements, news and newsletters
– The creation of contact lists, the dispatch of invitation letters, the establishment of participants attendance lists, the creation of badges for access to the specific workshop premises, the drafting and publication of minutes and/or reports, news and action lists, the management and publication of feedback survey, the creation and management of mailing lists for future meetings, news and/or publications
– Photographs/pictures, presentations, live web-streaming and/or audio and video recording of speakers and participants including on the public website/internal webpages/relevant social media channel in the context of the meeting and for communication and newsletter purposes; in such cases, you may request to opt-out if you prefer your image is neither recorded nor published.
– Your personal data will become part of the HBM4EU Contact List with the purpose of facilitating our future interaction with you as a partner/linked third party/stakeholder in your areas of interest. If you do not wish to be included in this database, you should address your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that a request to be deleted from the list might adversely affect the collaboration between you and HBM4EU.
2. Recipients of the data processed
For the purposes detailed above, access to your personal data is given to the following persons, without prejudice to a possible transmission to the bodies in charge of monitoring or inspection tasks in accordance with European Union law:
– Members of the HBM4EU Consortium responsible for the project for purposes of coordinating, managing the HBM4EU project and organizing the related events and meetings;
– In order to keep the network of partners/linked third parties/stakeholders operational, a contact list of the HBM4EU Consortium including your information is shared on the internal webpages and available for download for those who have access rights to the HBM4EU Internal Webpages
– The team members of the external service provider responsible for the development and maintenance of the HBM4EU website for the purpose of maintenance and technical assistance
Documents and materials produced in relation to the project may also be disclosed to the public subject to the provisions contained in Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 May 2001 regarding public access to documents.
No personal data is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
3. Categories of data processed
The only personal data collected and further processed is the information you provide in connection with your access to internal webpages and participation in the project. The information may relate to all or part of the following data: your title, name, professional contact details (e-mail address, telephone number(s) (direct and mobile), employer’s name and address), live web-streaming and/or audio and video recording of speakers and participants, presentations of speakers could be published in the context of the project or for communication and education purposes.
4. Modalities for the processing operation
The Internal Webpages of HBM4EU is password protected and users need to acquire their individual passwords to login to the internal webpages. Only individuals who are associated with the HBM4EU project (e.g. HBM4EU partners, linked third parties, website developers) are allocated access rights by the data controller/s.
Personal data is provided either by the individuals or their organisations or via a sign up e-mail sent by the individual or its organisation to ask for access to the internal webpages. Your personal data is processed manually when the EEA HBM4EU Team responsible for the project encode(s) the data in the internal webpages. Your personal data is then processed in an automated way for the management and administration of the project, e.g. for generating email communications, etc. For the purpose of the management and administration of the project, the responsible data controller maintains a filling system (on paper and electronic) in ad hoc files.
The content of the Internal Webpages is confidential. Any information, documents and material available on the internal webpages may not be re-used / distributed without prior written authorization from the author/s.
5. Right of access and rectification
You have no direct access to the data stored. If you wish to verify, modify or delete any of your personal data, you should address your request in writing by email to the following address: HBM4EU@eea.europa.eu. Any request for access or rectification of personal data shall specify explicitly the object and purpose(s).
Special attention is drawn to the consequences of a request for deletion, which will imply that any possibility to contact you will be lost.
6. Legal basis
The processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance and support of the numerous tasks carried out by the EEA as mandated by Regulation (EC) No 401/2009 of 23 April 2009 on the EEA and Eionet, and in particular Article 2 thereof, and for the internal management and functioning of the EEA.
7. Legality of processing
Processing is necessary for the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest based on Regulation (EC) No 401/2009 on the EEA and Eionet, Regulation (EU) No 1291/2013 establishing ‘Horizon 2020 – the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (2014-2020), and Regulation (EU) No 1290/2013 laying down rules for the participation and dissemination in ‘Horizon 2020’.
8. Data retention
Your personal data is kept as long as necessary for the purposes of the organisation and management of the project, as well as for any follow-up actions the project may entail. Your personal data necessary for your login to the internal webpages will generally be deleted from databases in December 2023 / 2 years after the last action in relation to the project, unless you have signed to be in communication with HBM4EU for future interactions or a potential future Human Biomonitoring Initiative beyond 2021
In this case, your data will be kept for as long as you do not request to be removed from the HBM4EU project list. Photographs /pictures, presentations, live web-streaming and/or audio and video recording of speakers and participants including on internet/intranet in the context of the project and for communication and education purposes will be kept for as long as the speakers and/or participants do not request the EEA to remove their personal data.
9. Right to appeal
You are entitled to have recourse at any time to the European Data Protection Supervisor (https://edps.europa.eu; email@example.com) if you consider that your rights under Regulation(EC) No 45/2001 have been infringed as a result of the processing of your personal data by the EEA.
You may also contact the EEA’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) in case of any difficulties relating to the processing of your data at the following email address: DPO@eea.europa.eu.